What to bring?
We ask you to bring the following items, some are for your comfort while others like footwear are for your safety.
- We supply riding hats free of charge, if you do want to ride in your own hat we will inspect it and check that it is up to the relevant standard.
- Comfortable sport-style trousers are perfect; jeans are ok but sometimes uncomfortable. Shorts / skirts are not appropriate as the leather straps of the saddle will chafe your legs.
- Shoes or boots with a small heel and non-ribbed sole are perfect, otherwise we have riding boots available to borrow at no extra cost (limited selection available).
- Dress for the weather. We ride out in all weathers as long as safety permits so be prepared for all weathers. Warm layers in cooler months and a waterproof jacket are essential.
- Sunscreen, it is very easy to get burnt whilst trekking especially the back of the neck. Please note that on over cast days in the summer we still do recommend sun screen due to the possibility of wind burn.
- For those on the Brecon Beacons Welsh Pony Trails you will require a packed lunch which can be purchased from our café or you are more than welcome to bring your own along. The horses will have saddle bags for the lunches to be carried in.
Horse riding is a high risk sport and handling horses can be potentially dangerous. We take great care to ensure that the horses and ponies offered to our clients are well trained and reliable, but they are hired to the rider with the clear understanding that YOU RIDE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.